Did you know that 2 stalks of celery gives you your normal daily intake of salt? (But apparently, it’s a more nutritious form of sodium, so I guess it’s okay..)
I kinda had a three-second horrified moment when I heard that from Fanny. I don’t know how to do most things in moderation. I’m constantly guilty of operating on extremes. Let’s see this is the recipe for my green juice.
- About a huge bunch of Watercress – for Vit Bs, Iron, and my liver
- A large tupperware of Spinach leaves – for Vits Bs, and my liver too
- 6-8 stalks of celery – for sodium intake, and my kidneys
- 1 lemon – for Vit C
- About a palm-sized ginger – for tummy aches and taste
- 2 small gala apples – for taste
- 1 granny smith apple – for taste too
So this is it. I kinda like to think my body says thank you whenever I drink this. But it’s debatable because it gives you a jumbo bowl of green juice (that looks so like green tea latte, most people get tricked). And it’s out of proportion, I know that.
But the downhill market trip for groceries is a such a momentous task to me that I can’t leave with just a little fresh produce. I buy all my vegs and fruits for three days’ juice and add 3-4 oranges just because I made the trip.
I think I have a long way to go to health restoration… Marching on.